Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grandmother in a Jar!

Ok, so I wanted to post and share a product review. I'm an oily girl. Really I can be, but during these windy days, I get these irritating dry patches. My skin just never seems balanced. I have tried everything under the sun to find a moisturizer that truly works wonders. I've found some that I've liked a lot, but nothing worth raving about. One day, it dawned on me. Why not use what my grandmother used to?? Face cream...plain ol' face cream. She was such a beautiful lady in her day. The classic pin up. I've recently been going through some old photos of her which have inspired me! Here's one of her and my grandfather on their wedding day. Her a sweet yet saucy dame, and him a strapping, handsome pro body builder. ..


Anyway, looking over all of these old photos I coveted her complexion. I've also been on a Film Noir kick. LOL So I browsed the drugstore isles looking for the retro beauty products that are still on the market. After all, if they've been around this long, they have to work right??



So after a search, I came upon Jergen's Face Cream... now, if you know me, you would know that after reading the ingredients, this product goes against EVERYTHING I stand for!! Mineral oil, and red dye in the ingredients, not to mention, it's still unknown to me weather this product is tested on animals or not. I looked it up on the cosmetic data base and it ranges at a 5 on the 1-10 hazard scale. (You can go to cosmeticsdatabase.com to review pretty much any product/brand on the market.) PLUS, I have oily skin prone to break outs so I was rather skeptical. BUT, at the under $4.00 price range, I thought "I'm desperate, why not?" and it had those cute little retro ladies on it. So, I caved and bought it...
I LOVE IT!! I use it every night to take off my make up and then leave it on for 20 minutes or so. I usually cleanse my face after I use makeup remover, but with this, I don't have to. I put it on and wipe off with tissues. No fuss. My skin is so soft and has a dewy look even after I've applied my face makeup. Seriously, this product has worked wonders for my skin!!! It's a 15 oz. jar for under 4 bucks! I only use a gentle facial cleanser in the mornings. I recommend! I've also read reviews of people using it on their feet and elbows. Not sure if I'm gonna go there or not....we shall see ;)
Here I am with it all over my face! Looks crazy now, but tomorrow, I'll be glowing with glee over this budget friendly beauty secret of mine. YES, a little of me still does feel guilty that this isn't on the natural side, but for now, I'm willing to compromise. Thanks grandma! xoxo ;)


1 comment:

  1. You're so cute! My mom used PONDS cold cream, same effect at the Jergens so I feel ya and totally understand!

    ReplyDelete